Do you need to prepare your mac for sale? Or just want a fresh start?
This tutorial will show you how to wipe your Mac clean, erase all of your data and start with a fresh installation of your operating system.
Before you begin remember:
– Make a backup of all your files, music, videos and so on.
– you will also need to connect to the Internet under the installation.
Here is how you do it:
- Choose Apple menu > Restart.
- Then hold down the Command (⌘) and R keys while the computer restarts.
- Select “Disk Utility” and then click Continue.
- Select your startup disk from the list on the left, and then click the Erase tab.
- From the Format pop-up menu, select Mac OS Extended (Journaled), type a name for your disk, and then click Erase.
- After the disk has been erased, choose Disk Utility > Quit Disk Utility.
- If you’re not connected to the Internet, choose a network from the Wi-Fi menu in the right corner of the menu bar (in the top-right corner of the screen).
- Select Reinstall Mac OS X, click Continue, and then follow the instructions.