When you first start up your Mac, the dock’s default position is on the bottom of the screen. This works great for many people, but in case you would like to change it, it’s really easy.
By modifying the dock position and size to fit your needs, you will have a better control of your screen real estate.
To make changes to the dock, just follow these simple steps:
- Choose the “System Preferences” from the Apple menu (top left of your screen).
- Click on the “Dock” icon.
- Now you have the option to choose the position on the screen (see the picture below). It is set to the bottom of your screen, by default, but you can position it on the left or right edge of the screen, as well.
- Changing dock size is also very easy; just move the slider around until you find that perfect size.
- After you’ve done making these changes, just close the window.
You will use the dock a lot to launch different applications, or access the ones that are currently open, so make sure that you choose a dock location that suits your needs the most. In case you change your mind, it is very easy to move it again.