AirPlay is one of the protocols of iOS that allows you to stream videos, music, images and photos in wireless mode from iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, and is so appreciated for all apple’s users. So for this reason you have in your hands the complete guide of how to use and conﬁgure AirPlay.
So, What Is AirPlay?
Previously, AirPlay was a protocol that only worked for Audio and it was called AirTunes. Unlike AirTunes, AirPlay allows you to play all the content of your apple device in your TV through an Apple TV, which is so useful for all kinds of people, from teachers that needs an innovator method of teaching to entrepreneurs that want to make more advanced and technological meetings, even for entertainment.
Requirements To Use AirPlay.
In order to use AirPlay you need to have the following requirements:
1. Any of the following devices: iPhone (4s, 5, 5c, 5s), iPad (2, 3, 4, Air, mini, mini Retina) or iPod Touch 5
2. An Apple TV! 3. Airport Express
Note: In order to make this work, you need to have your apple device connected to the same network than your Apple TV or Airport Express.
How To Use AirPlay To Stream Videos And Photos With Your Apple Device
In order to use AirPlay to stream videos and photos that you have in your iOS device, you need to:
1. Slide your ﬁnger from the bottom to the top of your screen to have access to your Control Center.
2. Press the AirPlay icon
3. You will se the Apple TV available
4. Select the Apple TV that you want to connect
5. At this point you can access to your photos and videos from your apple device on your TV.
You can also share a speciﬁc video or image:
1. Access to the Photos App
2. Open the image/video that you want to stream
3. Click the “Share” options
4. Select AirPlay and choose the Apple TV where you want to play your content.
How To Use AirPlay To Stream Audio With Your Apple Device
You can also use AirPlay to stream Audio and Music that you have on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad in speakers that are compatible with the AirPlay protocol.
1. Slide your ﬁnger to get access to your Control Center
2. Click AirPlay
3. It will open a list with all the AirPlay devices available
4. Select the wireless audio system that you want to connect (In this case AirPort Express)
5. Now you can play your music through the speakers!
How To Do AirPlay Mirroring
Mirroring is a feature that allows you to share the screen of your iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad in your TV. So, in order to do AirPlay mirroring you need to follow the next steps:
1. Slide your ﬁnger in order to get access to your Control Center.
2. Click AirPlay! Select the Apple TV where you want to stream your screen.
3. In the same window where you selected the Apple TV, you need to active “Mirroring”.
When you ﬁnish, you should see your Apple device’s screen on your TV.
As you can see, AirPlay is one of these things that worth it to have, not only for the variety of things that you can do with this wireless technology but also you can conﬁgure it and do all the process with a couple of clicks. Certainly when you use AirPlay, simply you can’t use the old methods again.